We do offer the ease of choosing virtual visits AFTER the initial planning meeting is completed. Please know that the limitation is that you will need to do a self-reported weight if this is a metric that you are following.
The following detail is an explanation for those who may not already be familiar with telehealth.
Virtual Medicine is another way of saying Telehealth which involves using technology to deliver health care at a distance. It is quite effective, efficient, and adaptable to be able to take care of you when traveling is limited.
Advantages of telehealth include:
- Safety and comfort of your own home
- HIPPA compliant platform, secure and confidential
- Enough medical information, with a limited interactive physical exam that is better than regular phone conversations
- Covered by your insurance company
What you need to do telehealth:
- A device such as a smart phone, tablet or desktop with a camera. All platforms work with Zoom.
- Download Zoom app – IMPORTANT! After you install app, do not create an account, and do not attempt to log into the Zoom app. We will do that for your automatically.
- A cell phone number and/or an email you want to you
- GOOD TIP – if you have a family member who can help with the set-up, this can be done just a few minutes before your appointment
- BONUS POINTS – if you gave devices at home such as a glucometer or blood pressure cuff, please bring it to your session just in case. Also bring your medication bottles if you don’t have an accurate list on hand
Once you are scheduled for a Telehealth appointment, here are the simple steps to do at least 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time:
- Make sure Zoom is downloaded (do not create account or log in) to your device
- Click the link which is sent to you via email or text. It will be from SecureVideo.com/1-833-540-0078
- RSVP that you accept the appointment invite
- Scroll down to see and sign the Consent for Treatment form.
- Click “Enter the Waiting Room” box when it is close to your appointment time. *Please make sure you are in a private area without distractions
- If prompted with pop up, opt for “Use internet audio”. Also click video camera icon on bottom of screen “Turn Video On” to be on camera with your provider