The following is a list of policies implemented at this practice in order to provide quality healthcare to all of our patients.
- A return check fee of $25.00 will be charged to the patient when a check is returned from the bank. Future payments at our office will then have to be paid by cash or credit card.
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is required when canceling or changing an appointment. In the case of an urgent, same-day appointment, a minimum of three (3) hours notice is required. A fee of $25.00 – $50.00 will be charged to the patient for all non-canceled appointments, depending on the type of appointment. Three “no shows” will result in termination of your care at our practice.
- As of 1/1/2019 New Patients who no show will be charged a $50.00 fee.
- There is a charge to the patient when medical records are requested. The fee for records is determined by state law.
- There is a $15 charge for the completion of all forms and letters 1-3 pages. A $30 charge is required for forms and letters consisting of more than 3 pages. Payment is due at the time the form is dropped of to the office. There may be additional fees based on the complexity of the form or letter requested. All patient information (demographic and questions to be answered by the patient) must be filled out before the form is given to the provider to be completed. Please allow up to 1 week for forms.
- All copays, self-pay fees, and past due balances are due at the time of service. We reserve the right to make a patient reschedule if co-pay is not paid at the time of service.
- Patient accounts with a past due balance for any reason over 90 days will be sent to a collection agency. Additional charges for collection fees will be incurred at that point. Interest charges will apply.
- Proof of insurance and personal identification are required at each time of service.
- Patients that arrive for their appointment 15 minutes or later may be asked to reschedule.
- With the exception of emergencies, patients who are requesting a referral must call (410) 552-5050 ext 183. Please allow at least 72 hours to complete your referral request.
- Prescriptions may be requested by calling (410) 552-5050 ext 181 to leave a message. Prescription refills will be filled within 48 hours of the request. Patients should ask for their refills for maintenance medications at their follow-up visits if possible. Some patients may be asked to schedule an appointment for their refills. Controlled medications will not be refilled during non-business hours.
- *IMPORTANT* When scheduled for a routine physical or “well” appointment, urgent problems or issues might not be addressed by the provider at the same visit. And, per insurance guidelines, if a new or urgent problem is addressed, the patient may be billed for that concern. Your provider may recommend rescheduling your routine physical if you have pressing or complex problems that needs attention that day.
- Our practice does not routinely order Narcotic Pain Medicine, therefore you may be required to obtain these medications through Pain Management. Abuse of Medication will result in disengagement from Practice. (Updated 12/5/2018)