This is a fast-paced society in a busy and sometimes chaotic world. We hope that we at BW Primary Care can provide the knowledge, comfort, integration, communication, and care you require by placing you in the center of your healthcare team. Two recently launched features to the practice will enhance your experience and we hope that you take advantage of what we have to offer.
1. DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES are now available. Your provider may suggest these studies based on your symptoms or risk factors. We offer the following non-invasive, painless ultrasound services in the comfort of a familiar office environment with easy scheduling (and prior authorizations), as well as expedited interpretations from top-rated affiliated radiologists. Typically, we receive reports within 1-2 business days.
- Carotid U/S – this study evaluates the carotid arteries in your neck (one each side of your neck) to test for blockage or narrowing. This may be ordered for symptoms such as dizziness, head/neck pain, stroke-like symptoms, fainting, or follow up to previous known disease.
- Echocardiogram – this study evaluates the structure of the heart to include valves, heart wall muscles, and output (called ejection fraction). It may be ordered to evaluate a murmur, leg swelling, palpitations, dizziness/fainting, high blood pressure, symptoms of any heart disease or complication from a heart attack.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screen – this study evaluates the largest blood vessel in the body and is an effort to rule out a dilation of the aorta. Men over age 65 (especially those who have a history or are currently smoking) have a higher risk of aortic aneursym. Those with a family history are also of particular concern. Your provider should offer this test to you if you fit the above description.
- Peripheral Arterial U/S – this study attempts to detect the presence and severity of artherosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries caused by plaque) in the lower extremities. You may be a candidate for this study if you have leg pain while walking, leg numbness/tingling, and non-healing ulcers or sores of the legs or feet.
- Holter Monitor – this is not an ultrasound but rather similar to an EKG (sticker probes on your chest that detect the electrical rhythm and rate of the heart) that is left on your body for 24 hours. It is ordered for those with transient palpitations, dizziness, or concerns for irregular heart beats.
2. PATIENT PORTAL access is another way for you to access the office or your medical records! You may notice the green link to Patient Portal on each page of the website. Once registered, you will have a secure and private access point to our office staff. Give it a try!
- Request medication refills – click on the medications in your chart that you would like refilled. This is automatically reported within your chart to our office and you will receive confirmation that it is taken care of within 48 hours.
- Review lab results. A majority of labs will be posted into your patient portal within 3 days of completion. Please note that some laboratories are not electronically linked and may not appear in the chart.
- Request a non-urgent appointment. Instead of calling the office, you now have the option of leaving your appointment preferences for a front desk scheduler to call you back with a follow-up appointment.
- Send a message to your provider. Non-urgent messages can be sent to your provider who can then respond back to you via the patient portal. This communication is not possible with non-secure e-mail. You will receive an e-mail to check the portal when there is a response.
We welcome your next visit and hope to help in whatever way we can!